Beaumont is committed to providing state-of-the-art evidence-based comprehensive stroke care to all patients with ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke.
As a Level 1 Trauma Center and a Joint Commission certified comprehensive stroke center, we are adept and prepared to treat a stroke of any severity 24/7/365. Our comprehensive stroke team is devoted to not only treating you or your loved one’s stroke, but also assisting and guiding you through the recovery process, both in the hospital and at home.
Stroke Data for Jan. 2015 through Dec. 2015 (Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak)
- 1327 patients cared for in 2015 by our Comprehensive Stroke Center
- 774 Ischemic stroke patients, 178 hemorrhagic stroke patients, and 375 TIA patients
- 35.1% of ischemic stroke patients presenting within 0-4.5 hours from last known well received IV tPA; national average is estimated to be less than 10%
- 38 Mechanical thrombectomy & IA tPA procedures in 2015 with 84.2% recanalization rate (defined as TICI 2b or greater)
- 75% of all Comprehensive Stroke Center patients were discharged to home or to Inpatient Rehabilitation in 2015
- 82 patients with cerebral aneurysms underwent Coiling or Clipping in 2015