In our continuing effort to improve the experience in patient care, we are committed to partnering with patient and family advisors in everything we do. Therefore we are encouraging patients and family members to volunteer as advisors and partner with us in many innovative ways.
What is a patient & family advisor?
A patient and family advisor, or PFA, is someone who
- shares feedback based on personal experiences as a patient or family member
- partners with the health care team to improve the quality of our health system's care for all patients and family members
- reviews or helps create educational or informational materials
- works with the organization in a meaningful partnership for either short- or long-term commitments, depending on the project
- collaborates with various departments to plan and implement changes to improve how we provide patient care
- partners and works with a diverse group of people and serves on a PFA council
Who can be a patient & family advisor?
You can apply to be an advisor if you or a family member received care at Beaumont in the last three years and have ideas about how to make sure other patients and families get the best care possible. You do not need any special qualifications to be a PFA. What is most important are your experiences, ideas, and suggestions. We will provide the training and onboarding.
Are you interested in partnering with Beaumont as a patient and family advisor? Apply now »